Published: 04 December 2014
Free Short Course: Virtualisation Jumpstart
The aim of this Short Course to give you a taste of what it is like to undertake Postgraduate study via Distance Education with Charles Sturt University. The xxx short course covers sections of our subject ITE523 Virtualisation, an elective subject in the at Charles Sturt University.
The short course will run over 5 weeks in January and February 2015 with lectures being delivered via weekly after hours Webinars. Recordings of the Webinars will be available for those unable to attend the live events. In-between the Webinars, you will be asked to complete 10-12 hours of study.
The course is free to undertake.
(Recordings of the Webinars will be available if you are unable to make the live event)
Week 1: 14-20th January
Webinar: 8:00 – 9:30pm, Wednesday 14th January AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC +11)
Week 2: 21st- 27th January
Webinar: 8:00 – 9:30pm, Wednesday 21st January AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC +11)
Week 3: 28th January - 3rd February
Webinar: 8:00 – 9:30pm, Wednesday 28th January AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC +11)
Week 5: 11th – 17th February
Course Information Q&A
Question 1: Who is the target audience for this course?
The course is aimed at System Administrators, Network Administrators and anyone who is interested in VMware virtualisation software and services.
Question 2: Who presented the Webinars?
The Webinars were be presented by one of the world’s most popular & motivational Cyber Security presenters – Erdal Ozkaya. Erdal’s achievements include:
- 2014: Certification as a VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- 2011 : EC-Council (Global) Instructor of the year
- 2012 : Microsoft Most Valuable Professional – Windows Expert : IT Pro
- 2012 : EC-Council Roll of Honour CEH, CHFI, ENSA, ECSA
- 2012 : EC-Council (Global) Instructor of the year (Circle of Excellence) -Partner of the year
- 2013 : Microsoft Most Valuable Professional – Windows Expert : IT Pro
- Microsoft TechEd Australia 2013
- Microsoft TechEd Europe 2013
- Microsoft TechEd North America 2013
- AusCERT Australia 2012
- Australian Information Security Association National Conference (AISA) 2010
Question 3: Is there a final exam?
Yes – There will be an exam at the end of the course. The exam is a timed open book exam that will sit at your computer.
Question 4: Do I get a certificate if I complete the course?
As the official sitting period has now lapsed, no more certificates are able to be issued. You are still able to complete the exam for your own benefit and test your knowledge.
Question 5: Will the course qualify me for university credit?
Completion of the course will not qualify for credit, however the content does cover sections of the subject ITE523 Virtualisation,. This short course will prepare you well should you choose to continue to studying with Charles Sturt University. To find out how much credit you would qualify for, fill out the Eligibility form at
Question 6: Does this course qualify me to attempt the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification?
No – this short course only covers part of the VMware VCP curriculum. However, Charles Sturt University is a VMware IT Academy and successfully completing the ITE523 Virtualisation subject will qualify you to attempt the VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Center Virtualisation (VCP5-DCV) certification.
Did you ever wanted to become an Ethical ...
This short course is designed to partially ...
Penetration Testing Framework 0.58 This post ...
If you are trying to use the ...
Speakers: Alan Burchill, Jeremy Moskowitz, ...
Since I have starterd to work for Kemp ...
Did you miss the life sessions for EC Council ...
Microsoft Egypt is Hiring ! If you are based in ...
Articles Most Read
- Certified Ethical Hacking course for FREE
- Free Course :EC Council Network Security Administrator
- Penetration Testing Framework 0.58
- Fix: Couldn’t connect to the source mailbox
- Desktop Security with Windows 7 Applocker, Bitlocker, Forefront End Point Protection
- NLB vs Hardware Load Balancer
- EC Council ENSA Online Course
- Microsoft Egypt is Hiring
- Fix: Exchange Server 2010 SP update errors
- E-Mail Crimes and Violations (how the leakage could occur)